The Complete Paddler Toronto Islands Kayak Pike Tournament
with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
DATE: Sat June 2, 2018
LOCATION: Toronto Islands and Tommy Thompson Park - leaving from Cherry Beach
TIME: Captains meeting 6:30 at Cherry Beach, fishing from 7am to 3:30pm
TARGET SPECIES: Northern Pike
FORMAT: Longest Northern Pike
RULES: Bottom of this page.
First, second, third and fourth prizes listed below. Many more door prizes to be handed out as well (included in entry fee).
1st prize is a Jackson Coosa HD worth $2000! Donated by The Complete Paddler Jackson Kayak’s top design team once again teamed up with pro kayak angler Drew Gregory to put an “HD” twist to the already popular Coosa model. This ‘heavy duty’ fishing craft boasts amped up specs/features and is slightly longer and wider than the original Coosa; this makes it even more stable and a perfect fit for anglers of all sizes or those who are really looking for a stand up fishing kayak. The hull is still river friendly, but the HD will track truer on the flat waters of lakes or inshore saltwater. Packed with features, the Coosa HD is ready for any type of fish on almost any type of water!
- Length 12'6"
- Width 34"
- MSRP $1980.00 CAD
- Total Capacity 425 lbs
- Weight 78 lbs (84 w/ seat)
2nd prize is a Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Raptor Uni-Carbon Paddle worth $429.95. Donated by Bending Branches. The Angler Pro Plus comes with a versatile telescoping ferrule allowing for infinite feathering angles. If you have multiple boats or an adjustable seat (or if you can’t keep your Angler Pro out of other paddlers’ hands), the telescoping ferrule makes changing the paddle's length a breeze.
3th Prize is The Deeper Smart Sonar Pro with kayak mount. Worth $380. Donated by Deeper. It takes smart sonar fishing to the next level. Its WiFi connection gives it incredible data transmission power. And it needs it, because, thanks to its higher scanning frequency and resolution, the Smart Sonar Pro gathers a lot of data. It can capture every detail of the site you’re fishing, including small and fast-moving objects. Using a WiFi connection also significantly boosts its range (80m / 260 ft), while its advanced sonar technology gives a scanning depth of 80m / 260ft. And using WiFi also guarantees rock solid connectivity, no matter what the conditions are.
4rd Prize is a Salus Kayak Angler Vest PFD worth $149.00 Donated by Salus. Whether you're a paddler who likes to fish, or an angler who likes to paddle, the Salus Kayak Angler is the ideal PFD, offering a unique combination of kayak and fishing features in one vest. Contoured fit, soft foam, rounded edges and high-back construction make the Kayak Angler perfect for fishing in comfort. The cargo-style pocket, hand-warmer and gear-clips spin the Kayak Angler into a must-have piece of fishing gear.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes like...
Two -Cormor Cormorant Signature Series Rods by Joe Kiss 2pc 10-20 lbs Donated by The Complete Paddler.
Over ten lures, 2 $50.00 gift store gift card and store hats donated by The Complete Paddler
Rules and Regulations :::
1. Must be signed in and at Captain's meeting (Cherry Beach) by 6:30am Saturday June 2nd rain or shine ( the event will be posponed only due to unpaddleable conditions and will be made up on Sunday June 3rd).
2.All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Lake Ontario, not including its tributaries. Vessels MUST be launch from Cherry Beach, anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain's meeting for more info) You can take fish to shore for photo if needed.
5. Photo of Fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours; 7:00 a.m. to .3:30p.m. Saturday June 2nd 2018 (No later then 3:30pm)
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (Gloves or Fish Grips are allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MOST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER !!
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. The ranking fish will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, Your second fish entered will be used for tie-breaker and so on. If still a tie judges will have final Call,
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Cherry Beach, shortly after 4:00pm.