The Complete Paddler Grand River Kayak Bass Tournament with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
DATE: Sat Oct 13, 2018
FISHING LOCATION: The Grand River, between Conestogo and Wilkes Dam in Brantford TIME: Captains meeting starts 6:30am. You must arrive earlier to register. Located at the Home Depot parking lot in Cambridge.
TARGET SPECIES: Smallmouth Bass
FEE: $60 Including tax
FORMAT: Longest Smallmouth Bass
RULES: Bottom of this page.
Official Tournament station is where to meet after and enter your pictures. Located in Paris Ontario, Syl Apps Community Centre. No later then 4pm. Map Link.
All proceeds go to Surf Cambridge. Check them out www.surfcambridge.ca
First, second and third prizes listed below. Many more door prizes to be handed out as well (included in entry fee).
1st prize is a Jackson Liska worth $1484.00 Donated by The Complete Paddler The Liska is the modern version of our best-selling Cuda series. Wider, more stable and updated with features that novice kayak anglers are looking for ... and experienced anglers demand. Versatile inshore/lake kayak fishing platform, the Liska uses the same Hi-Lo trimmable seating as the Cuda HD and MayFly. Track systems on the gunnels and large stern storage area add the functionality lacking in the original Cudas. New, narrow hinging center hatch with molded-in tackle storage and fishfinder battery compartment allow convenient storage without cramping standing area. Molded-in handle on the stern for ease of transport. Wider hull creates a more stable standing platform than the original Cuda, meaning it is better suited to larger paddlers, beginners, and more gear.
2nd prize is a Bending Branches Angler Classic worth $229.95 Donated by Bending Branches. With the telescoping PLUS Ferrule System for maximum paddling efficiency when using adjustible kayak seats.
3th Prize is The Deeper Smart Sonar Pro with kayak mount. Worth $380. Donated by Deeper. It takes smart sonar fishing to the next level. Its WiFi connection gives it incredible data transmission power. And it needs it, because, thanks to its higher scanning frequency and resolution, the Smart Sonar Pro gathers a lot of data. It can capture every detail of the site you’re fishing, including small and fast-moving objects. Using a WiFi connection also significantly boosts its range (80m / 260 ft), while its advanced sonar technology gives a scanning depth of 80m / 260ft. And using WiFi also guarantees rock solid connectivity, no matter what the conditions are.
4th Prize is a Salus Kayak Angler Vest PFD worth $149.00 Donated by Salus. Whether you're a paddler who likes to fish, or an angler who likes to paddle, the Salus Kayak Angler is the ideal PFD, offering a unique combination of kayak and fishing features in one vest. Contoured fit, soft foam, rounded edges and high-back construction make the Kayak Angler perfect for fishing in comfort. The cargo-style pocket, hand-warmer and gear-clips spin the Kayak Angler into a must-have piece of fishing gear.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes.
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain's meeting by 6:30am at the Home Depot in Cambridge.
2. All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in The Grand River of the Boundaries set for the Tournament. Between Conestogo and Wilkes Dam in Brantford, not including its tributaries. Anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain's meeting for more info)
5. Photo of fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours: Saturday Oct 13th 2018 No later then 4:00pm. Location to be annouced later.
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (fish grips are NOT allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. Winner will be based on the length of the longest Smallmouth Bass (must be over 14 inch to enter Fish)
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish were caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live or dead bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at (TBA), shortly after 4:00pm