The Complete Paddler Toronto Islands Kayak Pike Tournament
with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
***Cut off for tickets will be Sat May 25th at 4pm.
Sat May 25th, 2019 Sunday, May 26th, 2019 (We changed the date due to weather issues)
LOCATION: Toronto Islands and Tommy Thompson Park – launching from Cherry Beach
TIME: Captains meeting 6:30 at Cherry Beach arrive early to sign in.
TARGET SPECIES: Northern Pike
FEE: $60 Plus Tax
FORMAT: Longest Northern Pike
RULES: Bottom of this page.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
Rain date. We will not be cancelling because of rain. We will be postponing until Sunday May26th ONLY if there is lightning or extreme wind.
1st prize is a Jackson Kilroy worth $1900.00 Donated by Jackson Kayak and The Complete Paddler. This sit-inside kayak design incorporates several other Jackson fishing features found throughout their sit-on-top kayaks. Features like the Ergo Seat with MOLLE accessory system, the fast Cuda 12 hull shape, enormous amounts of protected storage for fishing and hunting gear, protected rod storage in tubes along the sidewalls, interchangeable hard deck and optional soft deck options, and strategically located accessory mounting locations. It is also one of their most stable kayaks since the standing area is actually below the waterline, thus creating a very stable platform. The Kilroy is built with YakAttack tracks and comes standard with various accessories. The Kilroy is tailored for the outdoors man, offering features for the kayak angler, hunter, wildlife photographer, bird watcher, and anyone hoping to enjoy being on the water all while staying high and dry!
2nd prize is donated by Bending Branches worth $485.00. Year after year, the Bending Branches Angler Pro proves to be the top paddle choice for professional anglers. Available in three patterns exclusive to Bending Branches, you too can stand out on the water with their high visibility Dorado blade. Pull your kayak and gear effortlessly through the water with an oversize, extra strong blade, effortlessly helping you get to those remote fishing locations. The 100% carbon shaft makes this paddle light enough to help you stay on the water longer and durable enough to handle the any water conditions.
The Angler Pro Plus comes with a versatile telescoping ferrule allowing 15 cm of additional length and infinite feathering angles. If you have multiple boats or an adjustable seat (or if you can’t keep your Angler Pro out of other paddlers’ hands), the telescoping ferrule makes changing the paddle’s length a breeze. The Angler Pro Plus pictured here is adjustable length from 240-255cm.
3rd prize is donated by Salus Marine Wear worth $170.00. Whether you’re a paddler who likes to fish, or an angler who likes to paddle, the Salus Kayak Angler is the ideal PFD, offering a unique combination of kayak and fishing features in one vest. Contoured fit, soft foam, rounded edges and high-back construction make the Kayak Angler perfect for fishing in comfort. The cargo-style pocket, hand-warmer and gear-clips spin the Kayak Angler into a must-have piece of fishing gear.
4th Prize is donated by North Shore Tackle. A package worth $170.00 A family-run business providing quality products at a fair price to all anglers and conservationists.
5th Prize is donated by Mega Jigs. A a package worth $160.00 A brand dedicated to bringing you the finest tackle available on the market. Hand Crafted by tournament anglers for tournament anglers. If we don’t make it……you don’t need it !!!! Mega Jigs is also are offering you a 20% Discount Code ( 204TCP2019 ) if you make a purchase from their website. Apply the code at check out.
6th prize was donated by Fishing World. A package worth $150.00 Fishing World is a large Fishing,Hunting and Gun Store including used Guns located in Hamilton, Ontario ,Canada. We have a completely safe online website to enable purchases of our great products through our website.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes, Thank you Liquid Mayhem!
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain’s meeting (Cherry Beach) by 6:30 am rain or shine.
2.All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Lake Ontario, not including its tributaries. Vessels MUST be launch from Cherry Beach, anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain’s meeting for more info) You can take fish to shore for photo if needed.
5. Photo of Fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours; 7:00 a.m. to .3:30 p.m. No later then 3:30 p.m.
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (Gloves or Fish Grips are allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MOST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER !!
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. The ranking fish will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, Your second fish entered will be used for tie-breaker and so on. If still a tie judges will have final call.
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Cherry Beach, shortly after 4:00 pm.