The Complete Paddler Guelph Lake Kayak Bass Tournament with Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
DATE: Sat Aug 8th 2020. DEADLINE for tickets is Friday Aug 7th at 4pm.
FISHING LOCATION: Guelph Lake Conservation Area, 7743 Conservation Rd., RR 4, Guelph, ON N1H 6J1 MAP
TIME: Captains meeting starts 7am. You must arrive earlier to sign in. Located at the Island Beach area in Guelph Lake Park. Please note that the Conservation area doesn’t open until 6am.
TARGET SPECIES: Bass AND Northern Pike
FEE: $60 Plus Tax
FORMAT: Longest Bass and longest Northern Pike win prizes
RULES: Bottom of this page.
Official Tournament station is where to meet after and show us your pictures. Located at the Island Beach area in Guelph Lake. No later then 4pm.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
Overnight Camping – Camping is available at the tournament location! This would be a great option to if you bring the family as there is lots to do there or if you just want to have a beer with your fellow kayak anglers after and not need to worry about driving. A bunch of us will be staying overnight and having a BBQ after the Tournament. Camping fees are not included in your Tournament ticket price. So please see this website for more information on camping fees and to book.
Guelph Lake Park Day Fee – Park Day Fee is not included in your Tournament ticket price. So please see their website for more info.
To be announced soon!
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain’s meeting by 6:30 am.
2. All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Guelph Lake. The Boundaries set for the Tournament are the Park boundaries, not including its tributaries. Anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain’s meeting for more info)
5. Photo of fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (fish grips are NOT for Bass, only Pike)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. Winner will be based on the length of the longest Bass (must be over 14 inch to enter Fish) or longest Northern Pike (must be over 22″ to enter fish)
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish were caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live or dead bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Island Beach in Guelph Lake, shortly after 4:00pm