The Complete Paddler Guelph Lake Kayak Bass Tournament with Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
DATE: Sat Aug 10th 2019. DEADLINE for tickets is Friday Aug 9th at 4pm.
FISHING LOCATION: Guelph Lake Conservation Area, 7743 Conservation Rd., RR 4, Guelph, ON N1H 6J1 MAP
TIME: Captains meeting starts 7am. You must arrive earlier to sign in. Located at the Island Beach area in Guelph Lake Park. Please note that the Conservation area doesn’t open until 6am.
TARGET SPECIES: Bass AND Northern Pike
FEE: $60 Plus Tax
FORMAT: Longest Bass and longest Northern Pike win prizes
RULES: Bottom of this page.
Official Tournament station is where to meet after and show us your pictures. Located at the Island Beach area in Guelph Lake. No later then 4pm.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
Overnight Camping – Camping is available at the tournament location! This would be a great option to if you bring the family as there is lots to do there or if you just want to have a beer with your fellow kayak anglers after and not need to worry about driving. A bunch of us will be staying overnight and having a BBQ after the Tournament. Camping fees are not included in your Tournament ticket price. So please see this website for more information on camping fees and to book.
Guelph Lake Park Day Fee – Park Day Fee is not included in your Tournament ticket price. So please see their website for more info.
1st prize is a Jackson Kilroy worth $1900.00 Donated by The Complete Paddler. This sit-inside kayak design incorporates several other Jackson fishing features found throughout their sit-on-top kayaks. Features like the Ergo Seat with MOLLE accessory system, the fast Cuda 12 hull shape, enormous amounts of protected storage for fishing and hunting gear, protected rod storage in tubes along the sidewalls, interchangeable hard deck and optional soft deck options, and strategically located accessory mounting locations. It is also one of their most stable kayaks since the standing area is actually below the waterline, thus creating a very stable platform. The Kilroy is built with YakAttack tracks and comes standard with various accessories. The Kilroy is tailored for the outdoors man, offering features for the kayak angler, hunter, wildlife photographer, bird watcher, and anyone hoping to enjoy being on the water all while staying high and dry!
2nd prize is donated by Bending Branches and worth $199.95 The Angler Classic gives you all the bells and whistles that our high-end fishing paddles do, at a price any kayak fisherman can afford. The rugged fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are propelled by a durable fiberglass shaft, giving you the push you need without worrying about durability.
Check the length of your catch with the dual tape measure on the shaft (in both inches and centimeters), and get those pesky hooks free again with the hook retrieval system built right into the blade.
3rd Prize is donated by Mega Jigs. A a package worth $160.00 A brand dedicated to bringing you the finest tackle available on the market. Hand Crafted by tournament anglers for tournament anglers. If we don’t make it……you don’t need it !!!! Mega Jigs is also are offering you a 20% Discount Code ( 204TCP2019 ) if you make a purchase from their website. Apply the code at check out.
4th prize was donated by Fishing World. A package worth $150.00 Fishing World is a large Fishing,Hunting and Gun Store including used Guns located in Hamilton, Ontario ,Canada. We have a completely safe online website to enable purchases of our great products through our website.
1st prize is a Jackson Bite worth $959.00 Donated by The Complete Paddler. With the trend in price-point fishing kayaks trending towards compromise in hull quality, performance, gear management, and comfort, Jackson Kayak’s new Bite doesn’t cut corners. With an 11’6″ hull designed by Jackson Kayak’s top hull design team and at a class-leading 35″ in width, the Bite performs to the paddle-ability and stand-ability standards you are used to in a Jackson Kayak. It is estimated at under 72 lbs making it easy to manage in and out of the water. The Bite’s comfort was not skimped on either, with the addition of a brand-new trim-able, framed seating system and plenty of room to stand comfortably. The open-concept deck has been long-awaited from Jackson, giving the paddler ample storage space fore and aft along with a system of touring-style bungie cords. These areas are perfect for crates, hard and soft coolers, dry bags of gear and more for daily usage and long exploration trips. The deck features numerous storage placeholders for standard-sized tackle boxes. Jackson Kayak has also included their popular flush-mounted rod holders, 4 rod stagers, as well as long-awaited integrated recessed cup holders, gear tracks on both sides, adjustable foot braces and a hog trough recess to make the Bite a full-featured kayak.
2th Prize is donated by North Shore Tackle. A package worth $170.00 A family-run business providing quality products at a fair price to all anglers and conservationists.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes from our local businesses. Thank you all for your support.
Thank you Taste of Seoul!
Win a $50 gift card.
A Taste of Seoul is a small, family-run Korean takeout and catering business in Kitchener. Bringing favorites from Korea, we have a loyal following that is growing everyday. Available at our 154 Victoria St. S location and through Skip the Dishes. Give us a try – you’ll be happy you did! [email protected]
Thank you Mama’s Pierogies!
Two gift certificates $20 each
Thank you Liquid Mayhem!
Liquid Mayhem is an all natural bait scent designed to make your lures come to life!
4 tubes to be handed out
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain’s meeting by 6:30 am.
2. All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Guelph Lake. The Boundaries set for the Tournament are the Park boundaries, not including its tributaries. Anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain’s meeting for more info)
5. Photo of fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (fish grips are NOT for Bass, only Pike)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. Winner will be based on the length of the longest Bass (must be over 14 inch to enter Fish) or longest Northern Pike (must be over 22″ to enter fish)
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish were caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live or dead bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Island Beach in Guelph Lake, shortly after 4:00pm