The Complete Paddler Grand River Kayak Bass Tournament with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
Registration closes at 6pm Sept 27th.
DATE: Sat Sept 28th, 2019
FISHING LOCATION: The Grand River, between Conestogo and Wilkes Dam in Brantford
TIME: Captains meeting starts 6:30 am. You must arrive earlier to sign in. Located at the Home Depot parking lot in Cambridge. Map Link.
TARGET SPECIES: Bass
FEE: $60 Plus Tax
FORMAT: Longest Bass
RULES: Bottom of this page.
Official Tournament station is where to meet after and enter your pictures. Located in Paris Ontario, Penmans Dam Park. Map Link.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
1st Place Prize:
1st Place Prize is a a $1000.00 Gift Certificate to The Complete Paddler. Pick out any in stock item. We have many fishing kayaks to choose from or a wide selection of fishing accessories. Maybe you need a second recreational kayak to get that friend out with you? A new light weight paddle? New drysuit to extend your season? The options are endless.
2nd Place Prize is $200.00 CASH! Donated by The Complete Paddler AND A package from North Shore Tackle worth $170.00 A family-run business providing quality products at a fair price to all anglers and conservationists. Total prize package worth $370.00
3rd Prize is donated by Mega Jigs. A a package worth $160.00 A brand dedicated to bringing you the finest tackle available on the market. Hand Crafted by tournament anglers for tournament anglers. If we don’t make it……you don’t need it !!!! Mega Jigs is also are offering you a 20% Discount Code ( 204TCP2019 ) if you make a purchase from their website. Apply the code at check out.
4th Prize is donated by Create It Promotions Inc. The Cobra CXT545C GMRS-FRS 2-way Radios Walkie Talkie is worth $159.99 This ultra-compact GMRS/FRS two-way radio value pack offers radios with a range of up to 45 km (28 mi). Be prepared for storms and emergencies with built-in NOAA radio receiver. The built-in LED flashlight and rubberized grips provide enhanced functionality to keep you on the go. VibrAlert® notifies you of incoming transmissions with enhanced vibrating feedback. Waterproof spec allows you to be ready for whatever Mother Nature can throw at you. Voice-activated transmission frees hands for other tasks.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes from our local businesses. Here are a few. Thank you all for your support.
Mama’s Pierogies Has donated a $50 gift card for our door prizes!
Fishing World. Fishing World is a large Fishing,Hunting and Gun Store including used Guns located in Hamilton, Ontario ,Canada. We have a completely safe online website to enable purchases of our great products through our website.
Angling Outfitters in Woodstock. The Pro shop everyone comes to. At Angling Outfitters, we strive to provide you with the most up to date information about everything fishing.
Thank you Liquid Mayhem!
Liquid Mayhem is an all natural bait scent designed to make your lures come to life!
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain’s meeting by 6:30 am at the Home Depot in Cambridge.
2. All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in The Grand River of the Boundaries set for the Tournament. Between Conestogo and Wilkes Dam in Brantford, not including its tributaries. Anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain’s meeting for more info)
5. Photo of fish MUST be entered in person at the official Tournament station hours 2pm and 4pm at Paris Ontario, Syl Apps Community Centre, 51 William St, Paris, ON N3L 1L2.
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (fish grips are NOT allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. Winner will be based on the length of the longest Bass (must be over 14 inch to enter Fish)
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish were caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live or dead bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Paris Ontario, Syl Apps Community Centre, 51 William St, Paris, ON N3L 1L2., shortly after 4:00pm