The Complete Paddler Toronto Islands Kayak Pike Tournament with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member, YAKMAN ONT
DATE: Sat June 2, 2018
LOCATION: Toronto Islands and Tommy Thompson Park – leaving from Cherry Beach
TIME: Captains meeting 6:30 at Cherry Beach, fishing from 7am to 3:30pm
TARGET SPECIES: Northern Pike
FORMAT: Longest Northern Pike
RULES: Bottom of this page.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
First second and third listed below. Many more door prizes to be handed out as well (included in entry fee).
1st prize is a Jackson Coosa HD worth $2000! Jackson Kayak’s top design team once again teamed up with pro kayak angler Drew Gregory to put an “HD” twist to the already popular Coosa model. This ‘heavy duty’ fishing craft boasts amped up specs/features and is slightly longer and wider than the original Coosa; this makes it even more stable and a perfect fit for anglers of all sizes or those who are really looking for a stand up fishing kayak. The hull is still river friendly, but the HD will track truer on the flat waters of lakes or inshore saltwater. Packed with features, the Coosa HD is ready for any type of fish on almost any type of water!
- Length 12’6″
- Width 34″
- MSRP $1980.00 CAD
- Total Capacity 425 lbs
- Weight 78 lbs (84 w/ seat)
2nd prize is a Bending Branches Angler Pro Carbon Paddle worth $520.00 The Bending Branches Angler Pro Carbon is the lightest fishing paddle around.
3rd Prize is a Salus Angler Vest PFD worth $149.00 The Salus Angler offers a unique combination of style, comfort and utility, featured in one fishing vest. The mesh design and soft foam provide exceptional comfort, which, in combination with the low profile sides and cargo-style pockets with hand warmers, make the Angler a welcome companion on any fishing trip.
Rules and Regulations :::
1. Must be signed in and at Captain’s meeting by 6:30am (Cherry Beach)
2.All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of kayaks and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Lake Ontario, not including its tributaries. Kayak MUST be launch from Cherry Beach, anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain’s meeting for more info) You can take fish to shore for photo if needed.
5. Photo of Fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours; 7:00 a.m. to .3:30p.m. Saturday June 2nd 2018 (No later then 3:30pm)
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (Gloves or Fish Grips are allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MOST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER !!
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. The ranking fish will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, Your second fish entered will be used for tie-breaker and so on. If still a tie judges will have final Call,
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from a Kayak and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler , sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. One person to a Kayak, And must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Cherry Beach, shortly after 4:00pm.