The Complete Paddler Toronto Islands Kayak Pike Tournament with Jackson Kayak Fishing Team Member, YAKMAN ONT.
Longest Northern Pike
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
We will list the prizes at a later date. We will have prizes for the top six longest Northern Pike caught.
We will be handing out many other randomly drawn door prizes.
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2020
Time: 6:30 am
Length: All day
Price: $60 plus tax
Register for this Tournament
Hurry, there are only 199 spots left.
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain's meeting (Cherry Beach) by 6:30am rain or shine.
2.All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Lake Ontario, not including its tributaries. Vessels MUST be launch from Cherry Beach, anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain's meeting for more info) You can take fish to shore for photo if needed.
5. Photo of Fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours; 7:00 a.m. to .3:30p.m. No later then 3:30pm
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (Gloves or Fish Grips are allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MOST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER !!
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. The ranking fish will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, Your second fish entered will be used for tie-breaker and so on. If still a tie judges will have final call.
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Cherry Beach, shortly after 4:00pm.
Email: [email protected]
We understand that things come up and that you may need to cancel your spot in the course. We will gladly refund the cost of the course or move you to another date with open spots with at least 48 hours notice if you are unable to attend. Refunds will not be issued for lessons or courses that are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.