The Complete Paddler Toronto Islands Kayak Pike Tournament
with Fishing Team Member YAKMAN ONT
***Cut off for tickets will be Fri May 22nd at 4pm.
DATE: Saturday, May 23rd, 2020
LOCATION: Toronto Islands and Tommy Thompson Park – launching from Cherry Beach
TIME: Captains meeting 6:30 at Cherry Beach arrive early to sign in.
TARGET SPECIES: Northern Pike
FEE: $60 Plus Tax
FORMAT: Longest Northern Pike
RULES: Bottom of this page.
If you need to rent a kayak or have questions please contact The Complete Paddler at 416 255 6905 or [email protected]
Big Thanks go to our sponsors for supplying us with these great prizes!
1st Prize. Nova Craft Canoe Prospector 16ft. SP3. Worth $1269.00
For a family looking for a canoe they can leave knocking around at the cottage, they’ll have a canoe that should last a lifetime.
Nova Crafts Outfitter Series Prospector 16’ feels most at home loaded with gear on a remote wilderness lake or river. While it is best suited for river tripping, it remains versatile enough to be a good all round canoe. With experience, the self-righting aspects of the shallow arch hull will become apparent and confidence levels will soar. What’s more, it provides a very dry ride in big waves and whitewater. Made in Canada!
2nd Prize. Bending Branches Angler Classic Plus kayak paddle. Worth $229.95
The Angler Classic gives you all the bells and whistles that our high-end fishing paddles do. The rugged fiberglass-reinforced nylon blades are propelled by a durable fiberglass shaft, giving you the push you need without worrying about durability.
Check the length of your catch with the dual tape measure on the shaft (in both inches and centimeters), and get those pesky hooks free again with the hook retrieval system built right into the blade.
3rd Prize. Salus Marine Wear Kayak Angler PFD. Worth $149.00
Whether you’re a paddler who likes to fish, or an angler who likes to paddle, the Salus Kayak Angler is the ideal PFD, offering a unique combination of kayak and fishing features in one vest. Contoured fit, soft foam, rounded edges and high-back construction make the Kayak Angler perfect for fishing in comfort. The cargo-style pocket, hand-warmer and gear-clips spin the Kayak Angler into a must-have piece of fishing gear. Six point adjustment for the ultimate comfort and perfect fit. Tapered backpad for clearance in shoulder and arm movement.
We will have 4th and 5th place prices as well as hundreds of dollars worth of door prizes to hand out!
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2020
Time: 6:30 am
Length: All day
Price: $60 plus tax
Register for this Tournament
Sorry, there are no more spots available.
Rules and Regulations
1. Must be signed in and at Captain's meeting (Cherry Beach) by 6:30am rain or shine.
2.All participants agree to abide by the Ontario Fishery Regulations, 2007, regulations under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, 1997, any Transport Canada rules governing the use of vessels and all Tournament rules.
3. All fish must be caught in Lake Ontario, not including its tributaries. Vessels MUST be launch from Cherry Beach, anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Tournament will be disqualified.
4. Live Photo release, Photo must be clear and have the Identifier and full fish in it, judges will have final call on photo, measuring board must be available upon request for accuracy (see captain's meeting for more info) You can take fish to shore for photo if needed.
5. Photo of Fish MUST be entered at the official Tournament station during official hours; 7:00 a.m. to .3:30p.m. No later then 3:30pm
6. All fish must be released alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of being on a stringer, in a basket, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. (Gloves or Fish Grips are allowed)
7. YOUR PFD (LIFE JACKET) MOST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN ON THE WATER !!
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Tournament.
9. The ranking fish will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, Your second fish entered will be used for tie-breaker and so on. If still a tie judges will have final call.
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except draw prizes). All fish must be caught from the vessel and by the angler entering the fish.
11. The Complete Paddler, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Tournament at their own risk.
12. All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Tournament.
13. Canoes, Kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards are all allowed to be used with any type of fishing rod. One person to a vessel and must be powered by paddle or pedal drive, No motor of any kind allowed, Exceptions can be made for medical reasons but judges will have the final call.
14. Any sign of live bait being used will be automatic disqualification.
15. Awards will be presented at Cherry Beach, shortly after 4:00pm.
Email: [email protected]
We understand that things come up and that you may need to cancel your spot in the course. We will gladly refund the cost of the course or move you to another date with open spots with at least 48 hours notice if you are unable to attend. Refunds will not be issued for lessons or courses that are cancelled with less than 48 hours notice.