Aim of the program
- Explore the concept of dead reckoning
- Develop your piloting skills
- Explore macro navigation and planning a route.
- Gain confidence in reading a marine chart
The ability to navigation in a sea kayak is not a “Dark Art”. Join us for a day of Navigation. We will expose you to the use of a marine chart, calculation boat speed, calculating and following a bearing and identifying different symbols and feature on a marine chart.
Join us for a day of Navigational skills. This Classroom based program will review the following concepts:
- Getting familiar with Marine Charts and identifying the symbols.
- Taking and following bearings while in a sea kayak.
- Navigational techniques whiles on the water.
- Calculating Speed.
All material provided, if you have a handheld compass you can bring it along.
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2019
Time: 9:00 am until 4:00 pm
Price: $75 per person
Email: [email protected]
Payment in full is due at the time of your registration. If you need to cancel you will be required to find a replacement for the program as we will be unable to provide refunds.